Monday, August 3, 2009

My Most Recent Poem, Conquest

“Conquest”



“I am my own man and there is nobody who can change that!
I was this way my whole 1st life, right up until the 1st time I died.
I came back to life in some ways better off, as if pulled out of a hat.
However... some parts of my egg were scrambled, some were right fried.

For example, I once ran miles and miles a day, now I limp so very few!
My memory was also amazing, as efficient and sturdy as a steel trap.
But my past just got me so trials weren’t more than I could chew.
I now look at life with no fear, ‘bout adversity I don’t give a crap.



Yes, agonizing pain has pretty much calloused my once beaten soul.
But I’ve learned to face challenge with a wider and prouder smile.
I wouldn’t trade it for the world, the struggle’s made me whole!
And on my journey in Hell, I’ve had support all the while.

I deeply mourn the death of he who died a long decade ago.
I adored his fit body, his loveable spirit, and his spacious mind.
But my love for the reborn man I am is beginning to start to grow!
I have more compassion, empathy, knowledge, and am far more kind.



It is not hard for me to see that my growth could come no other way!
And I would not trade this kind of growth for the entire world.
I have worked so damn hard to finally see this kind of a day.
That has made it more pleasing to see my banner unfurled.

Eric Evans wears a trait that is open and easy for any to see.
It’s as if there is only one huge word emblazoned upon his chest!
And what; for the deaf dumb and blind, would this single word be?
In orange & red as if afire with passion would rest the title; ‘conquest’.”



Eric Eugene Evans ~ 8/02/2009 ~ 2:00 A.M.

No comments: