Thursday, August 20, 2009

Because I'd Rather Feel Pain Than Nothing At All.

What a horrible freakin' day THIS has turned out to be! This morning things were going just fine, then it all hit the fan in the early afternoon. All I'll say is that it initially took place in a SUU restroom. It then moved on to a cute little Mom and Pop Chinese Resteraunt which; to circumnavigate all legal ramifications... was called "China'City'(It's actually a word that rhymes with brown.)"(It starts with a T.)(Okay; it's "China Town"!)It's for reasons like the "woman" in charge there that the oriental races have a bad name. Dang was she beasty?. Yes, yes she was. She was short enough to barely have the top of her Oriental noggin reach my adam's apple... but she MORE THAN MADE UP FOR IT in spite, hatred, PMS, and good old fashioned predgudice. Just because I'm not 3.5 feet tall, cold as ice, stuck up with a vendetta that lie in being married to a 95 pound guy that looks as if he is heavily on Crack, and just plain bitchy... doesn't give her the right to treat me like crap. She threatened to call the cops on me before I said even 1 word about not paying for the meal. I didn't want to, but I also did not want to stoop to the level of that little rice bender. Please, don't get me wrong. I am not a racist... AT ALL. Simply a realist. In my life, I've had the oppurtunity to have some black friends, brown friends, tan friends, white friends, and even some yellowish friends, but do you know what I consider them to be to me? ... ... ... EQUALS! Not one of us is, ever has been, or will be in the future better than me. Nor worse. We all have our strengths, we all have our weaknessess, that is how it's supposed to be. I would give my life for any of my good friends. Regardless of age, sex, intelligence, social status, wealth, etc., etc., etc. You see, as much as I hate to admit this; I personally know what it feels like to be discriminated against. I hope truly that aside from the uber-eccentricity and dark sence of humor it can't really be told about my afflictions. I was plowed by a truck, on the interstate. When you are disabled, people look at you like an Aamish guy gets looked at in Muslim land. You are not human anymore. Doctors use you as a test subject / pin cushion / hypothesis' breeding and testing ground, most women treat you like you cannot speak the language if you are smattered with scars and walk with a limp, prospective employers would place more value in an overgrown hampster with a slight memory deficit than with you -*Oh, excuse me... I got's to cough... acthacthascthMaverickCo.Storesacthacthacth*-(Adventure's first dip into the proud lands of embezzeling from the handicapped.), and the only people whom you can always trust are your family and a handful of buddies! Okay, I truly do apoligise for this, it's the first collective time that I've voiced my opinions on this topic in 11.25 years, and once you get that train a' rollin'!?! Have a good night. Please send my facebook, email, or my blog a message about your opinion on this stuff?
Did you ever know that you're my hero?
Eric "The Wind Between Joe's Legs" Evans

No comments: