Friday, July 31, 2009

Somethin' Tells Me I'm Into Something Good

Thursday, July 30th, 2009 =

I love my danged brain. Sigmund Freud would have had a heyday with me! From SO MANY close calls with Allie Corrine Shaw, to diggin’ graves, to being the Captain of the Track Team with a near photographic memory, to numerous girlfriends... some simultaneous, to being pulled over more than 15 times for speeding and having ONLY 3 tickets, to earning my Eagle Scout award at the age of twelve and receiving it with 3 palms at the age of 15, to getting a car for my 16th birthday, to going on yearly family vacations to Canada and around the Nation, to getting out of countless “un-excused” absences and truancies / tardies, to dying in a car wreck...
To coming back to life, to costing my parental units millions of dollars, to burning down my apt. complex, to being in the hospital for 5+ years, to kissing a distant second cousin at a family reunion, to my picture perfect meznemeory with movies and music, to the virtually impenetrable shunt and stomach of iron, to my CONSTANT recovery, It could easily be said that I’ve lived an interesting life. No?
I am proud of so very little of this, yet... in a paradoxical manner, I take deep pride in all of it! I feel immense remorse for any I’ve hurt or offended along the way, but I still maintain that I would not change it for the world. I have lived a life (INCLUDING ALL THINGS CONSIDERED); that many people would kill for the opportunity to have lived. Honestly.
I adore you, Mother Divine of mine! I thank you for ALL you have done for me.

Friday, July 31st, 2009=

This morning my buddy Nate did not want to get out of bed and get ready for the day. I was notified and bequeathed to assist, so I did. He was uber-pissed when I woke him up, so I said in a stern vocal tone; “NATE, who are you talking to?” He got pensive for a moment and then said with apprehension; “My Brother?” I concurred and said to come to the kitchen and I would have breakfast with him. He grabbed my hand and followed me to the kitchen. I made his food and mine, and took it to the table. We ate together and joked and laughed and by the end of the meal. He was smiling! Perhaps this is why I am his roommate? I seriously DO consider him to be a Brother and a friend… just like my own blood Brothers.
When it comes to stewed prunes… is 1 enough? Are 2 too many?
One of the many complexities of life,
Hugs and Kisses xoxoxoxoxo,
Eric “Brawny-man” Evans

1 comment:

Quinn and/or Lauralee said...

Okay, buddy, I have to tell you that you keep using the word "bequeath" incorrectly. Bequeath means to give something to someone, not to ask somebody to do something.

I trust that, imbued with this new knowledge, your blog posts will be even more concise.

Q-Bass