Thursday, July 30, 2009

“Told me how you’re leavin’ me to some organ grinder’s lullaby!”

MAS DEL LIBRE DEL HOMBRE.
Erico Suave Eugene Evans

WEDNESDAY JULY 29th, 2009 =

Today has been a fair to meddlin’ sort of a day. The only downside has been something which; unfortunately, I have become quite accustomed to over the last 11+ years. I felt inordinately alone today. I NEVER EVER felt this alone before my car accident. But when I needed it just about the most, I got the best kind of gift that I could ever have been given; a call from my Mother of divinity! Just when I needed it most.
I would openly testify that my Mother Beautiful has some funkstah connection with my soul THAT I WOULD NOT TRADE FOR THE WORLD. I needn’t ever be reminded of this but regardless, I was this afternoon. I was just at the axis of good vs. crapstah mood, at which point the deciding catalyst occurred. I received a phone call from my best friend.
I am proud to say that, for thirty years now; my own Mother has been my nest friend. With VERY few intermittent and short lasting periods, we’ve always adored each other so much. It is so very hard NOT to love my Mother, let alone look up to her. My beloved Mother and my fortuitous Father are and always have been my greatest role models.
But please, do not get me wrong... I have not anywhere near always been the easiest child to raise. Yes, I’ve been; for the most part, very healthy. Yes, I’ve been; for the most part, very intellectual. Yes, I’ve been; for the most part, very happy. Yes, I’ve been; for the most part, very spiritual. Yes, I’ve been; for the most part, very active... BUT I’VE ALWAYS BEEN ONE WHO INSISTS ON BEING HIS OWN MAN! (Whether able to or not!) (Even before getting plowed by a truck!)
I have no doubt in my chubstah lil’ heart that my Mother was given to me, not the other way around. She would not be worthy of one bit of that! Again, don’t get me wrong, my Dad is THE MAN, but I am, always have been, and always will be a Momma’s boy. She has three of those and some beautiful little Gamma’s girls.
ANYWAYS... she called me purely because she felt that she needed to. AND SHE DID NEED TO. OR, I NEEDED HER TO! My own Mother is the epitome of the word “Beauty”. I am so lucky to be her and my Dad’s son, on so many levels.
She talked to me for 10 or 20 minutes and when I hung up the phone, I felt like a better man entirely! I made a malt-shake for “The Nathanator” and I and then I went on to have a Wii bowling tournament with Joe. He is a dang good friend. I appreciate all he puts up with and how he handles the highs and the lows of our friendship.
He is a person who, even though my family is hours away, is somebody I can always count on to lean on. I know he’ll never judge me or think less of me. That means a whole Hell of a lot to me. He reminds me a ton of a younger version of my elder Brother Lance.
Well, the candles are burning low and I’m pretty frickin’ tired, so I’m gonna hit the sack. I’m tired and I best be rested up for the morrow. You know, the life of a super-hero is hard. We’ll just leave it at that... for now!

‘Till later... buenas dias y bienvenidos. !Muchas gracias!

Eric Eugene Raging Stallion Evans

1 comment:

PJ Sheen said...

Eric,
I couldn't not comment after the personal shout out in the last email. That is quite a list of 'Music for the Gods" you have compiled. I hope you are well. I will keep up with your blog at least as well as Bob!
Jeff "Shiny Shamrock" Sheen